It’s summer, which means it’s high time we started living our best lives and quit the extended Netflix binge. We’ve taken the hard work out of getting off the couch and rounded up a list of 5 things to tick off you summer itinerary. The best part? This list is 99% free… Thank us later, wallet!
1. Head down to Sunday Social on The Green where you can sit back, relax and let the sweet sounds of Brisbane’s top performers wash over you whilst you blissfully forget that the following day is Monday (bonus tip: there are a bunch of delectable picnic hampers to choose from at River Quay, check them out here).
2. Get cultured at one of the many GOMA exhibitions on offer. These world-renowned shows are mostly free (yes please!) and allow you to gain exposure to some truly talented, vibrant and all-round inspirational artists (psst: if you’ve got some spare change, you’ll want to check out the WATER exhibition).
3. Want a day at the beach minus the traffic and long-haul drive? Head to South Bank’s Street Beach where there is water, sunshine and good vibes in abundance. Top it off with fish and chips from Fins and Feathers, a milkshake from Cold Rock or an ice cream from Happy Pops.
4. Fancy a picnic? Of course we do! Name a better past time than finding a great spot in the Parklands and downing delicious eats from Magical Rice, Main Street Market and Brooklyn Slice. The best part? While the food isn’t free, it won’t break the bank.
5. Ahh, for the love of markets! Enjoy an exclusive Christmas Edition of The Collective Markets from December 13, which is completely free (to browse, that is!) featuring an abundance of unique stalls along Little Stanley Street and a range of amazing cafes and restaurants for when you’re feeling peckish.