Whether the weather is rainy, your office AC is Antarctic or you’re just straight-up craving something gluttonous, South Bank is a haven of comfort food options.
Without further ado, we present you the best grab-and-go comfort foods to get your hands on.
1. Gnocchi Gnocchi Brothers know what’s up when it comes to delectable takeaway, with a takeaway window dedicated entirely to it. Get your hands on their Wild Mushroom & Truffle Gnocchi and pair it with Sicilian Cannoli.
2. SUKI have the comfort food goods, all minus the guilt. We suggest their pork bowl, made with mouth-watering warm pork belly, cabbage, corn, edamame, onion, coriander and zucchini. We’re sold.
3. Subway’s best kept secret is now revealed: their Cheesy Garlic Toastie. Made fresh to order with garlic and stringy mozzarella, you’re guaranteed to have all them comfort feels from the inside out, after one bite.
4. Nando’s know a thing or two when it comes to a wholesome feed. Our top pick? The Paella, a combination of their famous grilled peri-peri chicken, tomato, onion, green capsicum and spicy rice.
5. Junk’s Express Menu is a comfort food icon. We suggest you get your hands on their Satay Chicken Rice Bowl, filled with Junk’s satay sauce, peanuts, cucumber pickle, coriander and jasmine rice.
6. Burger Urge aren’t only burger aficionados, but also know a thing or two about a mouth-watering snack. Their Brisket Bites consist of three croquettes filled with pulled brisket, cheese, jalapenos and are served with pickles, mustard and ketchup. YUM.
7. Denim Co’s window is a sweet-lovers dream, filled to the brim with fresh cakes, pastries and biscuits. We suggest you try their caramel slice, which also happens to be gluten free, dairy free, vegan and sugar free… and totally delicious, too.
8. Brooklyn Depot is a gluttonous haven, really. Their MacLovin Balls are no exception, featuring four crispy coated mac and cheese balls served with Depot’s special sauce. Name a more iconic combination than this, we’ll wait.
9. Main Street Market brings the most epic doughnuts to South Bank, with a new selection available daily. So, why not go down each day and try a new one? Yep, we’ll be there too.
10. Dot Espresso do banana bread, and they do it damn well. There’s nothing quite like a mouth-watering warm piece of the stuff, with a fresh layer of butter when you need it most. Get there STAT before we take it all.