Fellow plant-based besties, rejoice! These days, vegan food is so abundant you’ll find mouth-watering options everywhere you turn. To celebrate World Vegan Day on November 1, we’ve rounded up where you can get your hands on lip-smacking vegan eats at South Bank.
1. Tippler’s Tap have an entire menu dedicated to vegan dude food, and trust us when we say, it is epic. We suggest you try their Vegan Chicago Dog, a vegan hot dog with mustard, relish, fresh tomato, pickle, cucumber and celery salt; or, their Vegan Chicken Burger with a vegan chicken patty, vegan cheese, lettuce, pickle, vegan aioli and BBQ sauce. Yum.
2. South Bank Beer Garden do vegan, and they do it well. Get your hands on their Vegan Burger, with a falafel patty, roasted mushrooms, sweet onion jam and salad goodness. If you’re after something a little lighter, their Thyme Roasted Pumpkin and Quinoa Salad is a winner.
3. SUKI are the go-to for poké. The joy here is you can mix and match any combination you can think of, like tempura beans with broccoli, spinach and rice; or, tofu with cabbage, red onion, and bean sprouts. The pick and mix options are endless here.
4. Tai Tai has established itself as an Asian fare icon, with the quality plant-based options to match. Get your hands on their crispy eggplant, wok braised mushrooms or leafy green stir-fry to make your tastebuds dance. If you’re feeling a little adventurous, their pineapple fried rice is a winner.
5. Mucho Mexicano prove that comfort food can be vegan too. We suggest you try their Vegan Nachos with black beans, vegan cheese, guacamole, and salsa. Their Pumpkin Fajita with salsa fresca and guacamole is epic too.