Are you ready to beat the summer heat, Brisbanites?
Celebrate the start of summer with a bang, as South Bank is transformed into a hub of all foods refreshing and summer-worthy. Along with scoffing mangoes and sipping on icy beverages, here are 10 eats to beat the summer heat.
1. Boost Juice’s Berry Crush is a must, filled to the brim with a summer blend of strawberries, blueberries, raspberries and sorbet.
2. Scoffing down a regular mango not cutting it? Nitrogenie’s Mango of Summer has your back, featuring an icy mixture of fresh mango and creamy goodness.
3. Hop & Pickle dish up the ultimate summer-worthy salad, with cucumber, watermelon, rocket, feta and mint. Yes please!
4. South Beach Social knows that it isn’t an Aussie summer without fresh prawns! Grab half a kilo with lemon and house chipotle sauce and you’ll be the envy of all.
5. For the love of parmigiana! South Bank Beer Garden serve up the ultimate Queensland Parmigiana, with Napoli sauce, grilled pineapple, fried egg and cheese.
6. The world is your oyster at The Jetty South Bank! Treat yourself to their fresh oysters delivered daily, whether it’s natural lemon or Kilpatrick that’s your muse.
7. We all scream for New Zealand Natural’s Berry Haven ice cream! This sundae features all the deliciousness of three scoops of berry ice cream, whipped cream and fresh berries.
8. Zeus’ summer menu is seriously bringing the heat! Our top pick? The Kalimera Pita, with calamari, tomato, baby cos lettuce, aioli and freshly squeezed lemon.
9. Prawns= delicious. Tacos= delicious. Prawn Tacos from Paper Fish? Oh my! Enjoy their prawn taco filled with coconut prawns, avocado, cabbage and chipotle mayo… Yum!
10. Nu Healthy Café know a good burger when they create it! Cue their Chicken Burger, filled with baked quinoa crusted chicken, tomato, lettuce and chilli aioli.