This delicious recipe is brought to you by The Charming Squire, combining mushroom, goat’s cheese, peas, beetroot and gnocchi for a seriously delectable meal…
300g freshly podded peas
1kg Nicola potatoes
300g gluten free flour
1 bunch chives finely chopped
½ bunch thyme finely chopped
Fine diced shallots
Pickled Shimiji mushrooms
Splash of white wine
1 bunch parsley finely chopped
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Fine slice beetroot on a mandolin.
2. Toss in olive oil and salt.
3. Dry out in oven on 80 degrees for a few hours until crispy. Set aside.
1. Cook the peas in boiling water and blend with seasoning to make a puree.
2. Pass through a fine strainer. Keep aside until assembling stage.
1. Dry roast the potatoes whole on 180 degrees for around 1.5 hours or until cooked.
2. Push potatoes through a drum sieve, discarding the skin.
3. Work the flour, chives, thyme and seasoning into the potato.
4. Roll mix into long sausage shape and cut to desired size.
5. Throw into boiling water and once the pieces float, pull them out and set aside.
6. Heat a frying pan and toss the cooked gnocchi with olive oil.
7. When gnocchi is golden in colour, add mushrooms and parsley.
8. Deglaze with white wine and finish with lemon juice.
1. Place the pea puree on the plate.
2. Top with cooked gnocchi mix.
3. Add the beetroot crisps.
4. Finish with crumbed goats cheese and olive oil.