In the spirit of winter, we’re presenting you with the most indulgent, carb heavy comfort foods you can get your hands on at South Bank.
Sit back and take note, because you’re in for some delicious experiences.
1. Get your hands on Bourbon Street’s Southern Style Buttermilk Chicken Waffles, because nothing is more iconic than two of the best comfort foods combined.
2. Slow Cooked Lamb Shank Gnocchi at Gnocchi Gnocchi Brothers is iconic, and never more appreciated than during Brisbane’s ice-cold July.
3. Mister Paganini do pasta, and they do it damn well. Their Spinach and Ricotta Ravioli is no exception, being one of their signature dishes for VERY good reason.
4. The Pollo Paella from Ole is the warm kick-start your body needs this winter, because nothing says indulgence quite like Spanish fare.
5. Happy Pops’ made-to-order waffles topped with your choice of chocolate (and other delicious toppings!) will be your winter go-to after one try.
6. While we’re on the topic of dessert, you’ll want to add Denim Co.’s fully loaded chocolate lava cake. We mean come on, do we even need to explain this one?
7. What kind of winter would it be if we didn’t treat ourselves to Tippler’s Taps’ Beef Chilli? This is one dish you’ll want to add to your hit list.
8. The Minestrone Risotto at The Jetty is an absolute winner, complete with a rocket and hazelnut pesto for an epic flavour kick.
9. Have you tried Baba Ganouj’s Cheese Sambusiks? They’re basically heaven in a pastry, AKA cheese filled pastries, guaranteed to melt in your mouth and comfort the soul.
10. We couldn’t finish off this list without mentioning South Beach Social’s Slow-Cooked Italian Sausage Penne, equal parts pasta and perfection.