Sometimes, lunch is left to the last minute. It’s a fact of life, whether you have a jam-packed day of deadlines to meet, or just get lost in DNM’s with your work bestie (let’s be real, we’ve all been there).
This doesn’t mean you have to compromise on delicious and fresh takeout, and we’re here to prove it with 10 options at South Bank.
1. Fritzenberger use fresh, locally sourced ingredients to bring you juicy, mouth-watering burgers and frites. Need we say more?
2. Tippler’s Tap are the go-to for unpretentious dude food, with a vegan menu serving up the same burger and hot dog goodness as their regular menu. Yes please.
3. Coco Bliss have your nutrient-filled lunch covered, with bowls, smoothies, and juices so tasty, you’ll forget it’s all packed with raw whole-foods.
4. Banh Mee Time is all about tradition with a modern twist; that tradition being fresh Vietnamese food, and the twist being epic lunch bowls and banh mi rolls.
5. Nonna’s Deli serve up an assortment of sandwiches, paninis and piadinas, just as good as your (imaginary) Italian grandmother would make.
6. Subway gives new meaning to the term fast and fresh. With an array of sandwich and salad options, you’ll have a healthy and fresh lunch in a matter of minutes.
7. Burger Urge packs a punch with flavour, featuring quality produce and freshly baked bread. Try their sliders for a pleasant surprise.
8. Steam Café is a South Bank icon for good reason, with home-style favourites like salads, burgers and chicken shnitty ready when you need it.
9. Suki is healthy, nourishing and filling. Made right in front of your eyes, their poke bowls are the perfect on-the-go meal, minus the guilt.
10. South Bank Kebabs serve up gourmet kebabs in ample servings, with succulent meats (and vegetarian options!) and salads to fill your fresh flatbread.