There’s no better excuse to bask in the summer sun than with a picnic. From Picnic Island Green, The Parklands to River Quay, you’re truly spoilt for choice with breathtaking locations at South Bank, and the delicious food to match.
Here’s a list of all the restaurants you’ll want to hit up for your picnic at South Bank.
1. Shysh serve up Lebanese breakfast, dinner and lunch fare that will have you covered for days. The real winner? Their coffee and freshly baked treats, the perfect picnic accompaniment. Closest picnic location: Picnic Island Green.
2. River Quay Fish dish up an epic picnic feast (did someone say bougie fish and chips?) Snack on a range of fishes, calamari, prawns and pretty much all seafood under the summer sun. Closest picnic location: River Quay.
3. Lost Bean is a breakfast institution. From croissants, avo on toast to chia puddings, they have it all available to-go. Psst: Lost Bean now offers online ordering. Closest picnic location: The Parklands.
4. Nonna’s Deli is the Italian grandmother you never had, but always wanted! Get your hands on wholesome breakfast options and relish in the morning sun. Closest picnic location: The Parklands.
5. The Jetty have an entire menu dedicated to takeaway picnics, featuring burgers, fresh seafood and breakfast favourites like avo on toast. We’re sold. Closest picnic location: River Quay.
6. Denim Co. is the answer to any self-proclaimed influencers dreams. The best part? The food tastes just as good as it looks. Grab a cake and sandwich and enjoy! Closest picnic location: River Quay.
7. Papa Rossi will fulfil all your brunch picnic dreams, with quality coffee and breakfast options to-go (did someone flavour-packed muffins and pizzas?!) Closest picnic location: The Parklands.
8. Coco Bliss is your healthy picnic go-to, with deliciousness and aesthetics not compromised. From takeaway acai bowls and smoothies to raw treats, the entire crew will be covered. Closest picnic location: The Parklands.
9. Popolo’s packed-to-order picnic baskets are not only ‘gram worthy, but will also delight your tastebuds in Italian favourites like pizza and antipasto. Yes please! Closest picnic location: River Quay.
10. Espresso Garage is a brunch addicts failsafe haven. If you’re needing a coffee fix or breakfast option to make the ultimate picnic spread, they’ve got you covered. Closest picnic location: Picnic Island Green.