Add a Turkish twist to your next gathering with this traditional favourite from the MADO kitchen.
-200g lamb shoulder mince
– 1 large eggplant (smoked on the charcoal grill)
– 100g natural yoghurt
– ½ red capsicum (chopped)
– 1 tsp garlic paste
– 1 tsp butter (melted)
– 1 tsp chilli flakes
– pinch of paprika/salt/pepper
– Large Metal Skewers
1. Finely chop capsicum and, using your hands, mix the capsicum, lamb mince, paprika, salt, pepper and chilli flakes together.
2. Once you have your mixture, squeeze this around a skewer to form a long piece of meat.
3. Cook on a medium heat grill for 15 minutes, turning every 3-5 minutes to ensure it cooks evenly.
4. Take off skewers and cut into 8 pieces.
1. Peel grilled whole eggplant, chop and mash into paste.
2. Mix with yoghurt, garlic paste and salt.
1. Pour sauce in a circle on the plate
2. Fan meat out over the sauce
3. Mix melted butter with a pinch of paprika and pour over the top
4. Place tomatoes and capsicum around the edge of the plate and garnish with parsley sprigs
5. Serve with fresh bread