This festive recipe is brought to you by Hop & Pickle, a mouth-watering roast chicken that is guaranteed to satisfy the entire family on Christmas Day…
1 large chicken
1 cup white wine
1/2 cup lemon juice
1/4 cup garlic butter
1 bunch parsley
1 pinch rosemary
2 tablespoons butter
2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
1 pinch black pepper
1 cup milk
1/4 cup white wine
1.Cut 4 (peeled) carrots into batons (sticks).
2. Cut 1 broccoli into florets.
3. Cut 3 potatoes into large cubes (skin on).
4. Cut 3 turnips into triangles (peeled).
5. Cut 1 cauliflower into florets.
6. Steam or boil all vegetables until 80% cooked.
7. Coat carrots in honey and pepper and place on a roast tray.
8. Mix though garlic butter and parsley, cover the parsnips in mix and place on a roast tray.
9. Mix through fresh rosemary and butter, cover potatoes in mix.
10. Cook in oven until tender.
1. Make simple white sauce and add white wine.
2. Place caulie in a deep roast pan, toss through mozzarella.
3. Cover with white sauce and sprinkle with more cheese.
4. Bake in oven until golden brown on top.
1. Place chicken pieces on raised oven rack, pour liquid in pan (meat should be above the liquid).
2. Cook in oven at moderate temperature for approx. 1 hour (when meat is pricked the juice should be clear).
3. Gravy your way, with a splash of red wine!