You know that feeling when you’re on your way to work (or uni) and realise your lunch-packing efforts have ONCE AGAIN been ruined by your forgetfulness?
Just us? Okay, either way, here’s a roundup on where you can get a delicious lunch at South Bank, if you’re anything like us and forget to pack yours at least three times a week.
1. Banh Mee Time dish up fresh, authentic Vietnamese food on the daily. With grab-and-go options including Vietnamese baguettes, fresh rice paper rolls, pho soup and rice vermicelli bowls, there’s something for everyone.
2. Nonna’s Deli is a delicious extension of Mister Paganini and have an epic range of gourmet sandwiches ready on the daily. With choices ranging from fresh salami to mushroom trios, you’ll be salivating at first glimpse.
3. Magical Rice is your healthy lunch alternative, with flavour that packs an absolute punch. Think: ramen, bao, teriyaki chicken, soba noodles and sushi galore. Yep, we’re officially sold.
4. Coco Bliss have launched a range of warm summer bowls, and we can bet there is one for you. Our favourite is the Falafel Bowl, made with mouth-watering falafel, baby spinach, quinoa, avocado, cucumber, bruschetta and beetroot hummus.
5. Burger Urge makes an epic salad, and honestly, who would’ve thought?! Their Maggies Farm is made with rocket, bacon, farro, red onion, tomato, avocado, cranberries, shallots, sunflower seeds, French dressing and ranch sauce. Delicious.
6. Zeus’ pitas are one of the first things that come to mind when thinking about lunch. The Classic Tzimmy is delicious, filled to the brim of your choice of chicken, pork or lamb and tzatziki, tomato, onion, parsley and chips.
7. Viet De Lites are rice paper roll aficionados! Choose from chicken, lemongrass beef, prawn or tofu for a mouth-watering, and filling lunch.
8. Brooklyn Slice is the home of grab-and-go pizza, with options ranging from your classic margherita to a hearty meat-lovers. Caution: after trying, this will likely become your new addiction.
9. Fins and Feathers do fish and chips, and they to is well. Whether you’re craving crumbed fish and a side salad, or chips and calamari, there’s an indulgent (and inexpensive) lunch waiting for you.
10. South Bank Kebabs serve up tasty, gourmet kebabs with every filling you could ever imagine. So, whether you’re a falafel kind of guy or lamb kind of gal, you’ll love this.