Celebrate the start of summer with a bang, as South Bank is transformed into a hub of all foods refreshing and summer-worthy. Along with scoffing mangoes and sipping on iced bevvies, here are 10 eats to beat the summer heat.
1. Boost Juice’s Berry Crush is a must, filled to the brim with a summer blend of strawberries, blueberries, raspberries and sorbet.
2. Scoffing down a regular mango not cutting it? Happy Pops Mango Sorbet has your back, featuring an icy mixture of fresh locally sourced mango and general mouth-watering goodness.
3. Hop & Pickle dish up the ultimate summer-worthy salad, with cucumber, watermelon, rocket, feta and mint. Yes please!
4. South Beach Social knows that it isn’t an Aussie summer without freshly shucked oysters! Grab half a dozen with lemon and salt and you’ll be the envy of all.
5. For the love of parmigiana! South Bank Beer Garden serve up the ultimate Queensland Parmigiana, with Napoli sauce, grilled pineapple, fried egg and cheese.
6. Treat yourself to pretty much any of River Quay Fish’s small plates and entrees, whether it’s fish tacos or salt n’ pepper calamari that’s your muse.
7. We all scream for New Zealand Natural’s Berry Haven ice cream! This sundae features all the deliciousness of three scoops of berry ice cream, whipped cream and fresh berries.
8. Zeus’ summer menu is seriously bringing the heat! Our top pick? The Comino Fish and Chip Pita, with line-caught wild Queensland Barramundi, chips, pickled cucumber, tzatziki and dill.
9. Acai= delicious. Fresh fruit= delicious. A fresh Acai Bowl from Coco Bliss? Oh my! Enjoy one of their many Acai Bowls filled to the brim with the good stuff like fresh fruit, acai, peanut butter and cocoa… yum!
10. Burger Urge know a good burger when they create it! Cue their Southern Fried Burger, filled with fried chicken, cheese sauce, pickles, lettuce, special sauce and aioli.