This drool-worthy Baklava recipe is brought to you by Ahmet’s Turkish Restaurant…
40 sheets filo pastry
460g crushed pistachio
360g Butter (melted)
1.2 litres sugar syrup
1. Melt the butter.
2. Take pistachios out of shell and crush them into small pieces.
3. Place 1 layer of pastry down, brush with melted butter and place pistachio pieces on top. Repeat until final sheet is places on top.
4. Preheat oven to 160 degrees.
5. Cut into approximately 48 pieces, and cook at 160 degrees for 35 minutes.
6. Once cooked (pastry must be golden!), take out of the oven and pour cold sugar syrup onto the hot baklava.
7. Garnish with pistachios and enjoy!