We meet again, post weekend bank account blues! We all know that feeling… it hits you unexpectedly, usually a few days before pay day or the Monday after a weekend of pre-Christmas celebrations. Cue the mad dash to the fridge, where you mentally calculate how long you can survive off a bag of cheese and half a bottle of OJ until your next pay.
We take the hard work out of thinking for you, by compiling a list of 10 ways you can make that final $10 last a (almost) lifetime. Repeat every Monday this festive season as required.
1. $10 at The Great Aussie Sweet Company goes a long way. Trust us, it translates into A LOT of choccies and sour worms.
2. Who said your last $10 can’t get you a fancy cut of fish? Do your taste buds a favour and treat yourself to the salmon and chips combo for $10 from Paper Fish. Yes please!
3. Head to Viet De Lites and grab 4 beef rice paper rolls for $9.90. These beauties are filled with lemongrass-marinated beef, lettuce, rice vermicelli, carrot and mint. Sold!
4. Haloumi chips from Zeus. Need we say more? These bad boys are only $10, and are a certain crowd pleaser!
5. The Manhattan Line’s hot dogs are the best bang-for-your-buck meal. These hot dogs are filled to the brim with a frank sausage, cheese, onion, ketchup and onion for only $8. Yum!
6. Mamma mia! Who doesn’t love cheap (and delicious) Italian? Get your hands of Mister Paganini’s arancini, filled with mozzarella and prosciutto ragu, tomato and parmigiana for $10.
7. Who said a large tub of dessert doesn’t suffice as lunch? Not us! Get your hands on a large cup of Nitrogenie’s salted caramel popcorn ice cream for only $8.50.
8. The love of cheeky Nando’s is universal, especially when you can score their ‘hot duet’ for $7.95. This masterpiece includes herb and garlic chicken meatballs, and a cheesy garlic mini pita.
9. The new kids on the block Munich Brauhaus have you and your mate covered! Score a haus made pretzel with butter for only $5. It would be rude not to get two!
10. You can’t go past Nonna’s Deli’s $10 salmon bagel, made up of fresh smoked salmon, dill cream cheese and avocado on a poppy seed bagel. What are you waiting for?!