I hate long weekends…said no person ever! If you’re stuck for ideas on how to best utilise the extra day at your disposal, read on…
• Gather some friends, get yourself down to Popolo and take advantage of their new gourmet grazing baskets that you can take down and devour on River Quay Green.
• Pay tribute to Prince at The Charming Squire on Saturday night.
• Have a good old-fashioned ‘Barbie.’ Barbecue facilities are located throughout the parklands, at Picnic Island Green, Riverside Green and Aquativity and are completely free to use! Unfortunately, while they can’t be reserved, they can be shared (so if everyone is mindful of other people waiting when using them, it’s a win-win situation).
• Get down to QPAC to see the Velvet Production currently showing which is guaranteed to delight.
• Jump on a ‘CityCycle’ bike and take a leisurely ride around South Brisbane. While small fees do pertain to their use, if you’re back under half an hour it costs you nada!
• Stroll on down to The Collective Markets where there are bargains a-plenty to be snatched up all weekend. Wander through the maze of stalls and discover original art, homewares and clothes. Who knows, that $20 dress may turn out to be worth a lot more in a few years time…
• Get in your ‘activewear’ and sweat it out at our local ParkRun.
• Grab a ‘long’ weekend brekky at one of these places.
• Farewell Sunday in style at our Sunday Sessions on the Green.
Pssst…Want us to foot the bill for your next weekend at South Bank? We are giving away $200 a day to spend at participating South Bank restaurants until June 5th. Click here to learn more.