Burgers, doughnuts, ice cream and virtually anything you can think of… South Bank truly is a haven of gluttonous foods, ready to be indulged in before you set off on that New Year’s detox! We take the hard work out of your pre-health kick blowout, with our top 10 picks at South Bank.
1. Fritzenberger’s Buffalo Chicken Burger with Southern-fried chicken, pickles and spicy buffalo mayo… How they make burgers taste so good is beyond us!
2. Doughnut Time‘s Caramilk, featuring a rich caramel custard filling, and topped with a Caramilk glaze, vanilla drizzle and Cadbury Caramels shavings and squares! It would be rude to not get a six box, right?!
3. Brooklyn Depot’s Bacon Waffle Sundae? Yep, that’s a thing! Chow down on a sweet bacon infused waffle, topped with vanilla ice cream, bourbon vanilla glaze, crushed pecans, maraschino cherry and icing sugar… Oh my!
4. New Zealand Natural’s Banana Split… Need we say more? You won’t regret this classic, filled with your choice of ice cream and the usual banana split goodness.
5. Denim Co’s Loaded Lava Cake is an absolute must-try, take our word for it! This oozing lava cake swims in chocolate fudge sauce, and is topped with toasted marshmallows and caramel popcorn. Delish!
6. The Great Aussie Sweet Company’s walls are lined with sugary goodness, reviving your favourite childhood sweets from all around the globe… We suggest you grab a bag, mix-and-match, and enjoy!
7. Next Door Bar & Kitchen serve up a mouth-watering Almond Brownie, and boy is it a must-try! This dessert is served with a butterscotch sauce and berry compote… could it get any better?!
8. Max Brenner’s Cookie’s and Cream Pizza, a combination of all the good things in the world. This dessert features cookie crumbs, white choc drops, marshmallow and cream. Yum!
9. Happy Pops’ decadent thick shakes are the stuff of heaven, infused with your choice of house-made gelato and delicious mix-ins. Step aside fellow ice cream lovers, we’re coming through!
10. Main Street Market have a delectable dessert down pat. Our suggestion? The Banoffee Doughnut is a winner, infused with a shot of chocolate fudge!