Collection of your Personal Information
We will always tell you before we collect any Personal Information from you and inform you of the purpose of the collection. “Personal Information” is any information, including information or an opinion forming part of a database, whether true or not, and whether recorded in a material form or not, about an individual whose identity is apparent, or can reasonably be ascertained from the information or opinion. This may include, but is not limited to, your name, email address, postal or other physical address, title, occupation, and other information we may require to provide you with a service.
Kinds of Personal Information we collect:
We collect the following types of Personal Information from you for the primary purpose for which it was collected, or as consented to by you.
- Primarily on the southbankcorporation.com.au website (or links to third party sites through this primary site)
- Leasing enquiries When you lodge an enquiry to lease an area in one of our precincts, we will collect the following types of information from you: your name, phone number, email address and any details that you choose to supply in a message to us.
- Leasing When you enter into a lease with us we will be required to obtain all of the preceding types of contact information from you, as well as your company’s name, postal or other physical address, your title, occupation, details of your business and employees financial and trading information.
- Media enquiries When you submit a media enquiry with us, you may choose to supply any of the above information, as well as your employer details and reason for your media enquiry.
- Events / venue hire When you submit a request to host an event with us, we require you to provide us with your company name, ABN, contact name, phone number, email address and the purposes of your event (e.g. charitable, corporate). Further details about the event such as budgetary requirements, food and beverage and management must also be submitted, and from this any individual may be able to be personally identified. You may also choose to provide us with your website and physical address.
- Subscribe to the eNewsletter If you would like to subscribe to our eNewsletter, we require your email address, first name, last name and postcode. You may also choose to supply your mobile number.
- Phone enquiries Should you make any phone enquiries, we will collect your name, phone number and email address (where appropriate). Depending on the nature of your enquiry, we may also require further Personal Information from you.
- Competitions, promotions and surveys If you participate in a competition, promotion, survey or other event that we are running we may be required to collect your full name, email address, phone number and the details of your submission to the competition (that may contain Personal Information). It may be a mandatory condition of you engaging in any competition, promotion or offering, that we have that you sign up to receive our eNewsletters.
- Primarily on the eatsouthbank.com.au website (or links to third party sites through this primary site)
- Carpark bookings We are required to request your name, mobile number, postcode, licence plate and email address if you wish to book a car park with us. You will also have the option to create an account with us, for which a username and password must be specified.
- Carpark entry and surveillance We use CCTV surveillance to continuously monitoring our car park, and you acknowledge that we may capture images of you and those that are with you while you are in and around our car park location. Our car park personnel may also be required to request your full name, address and sight your drivers licence/
- Subscribe If you would like to subscribe to our Eat South Bank updates, we require your email address, first and last name.
- General enquiries If you would like to contact us about any matter, we require your first and last name, email address and details of your enquiry (which may contain Personal Information). You may also choose to supply us with your postcode or phone number.
If you use any of our websites, we may utilise “cookies” which enable us to monitor traffic patterns, trends and to serve you more efficiently if you revisit our website.
If you engage with us on any of our social media platforms, we may collect your Personal Information including things such as “likes”, comments posted, any of your oppositions or feedback, photos posted or uploaded and other information pertaining to your social media activities which concern or relate to us.
If you are engaged by us, we will also be required to collect your contact information, CV, resume or application related information, taxation, superannuation and payroll information (including your eligibility to work), medical or health information, performance related information, information collected from your referees.
We do not collect any sensitive information from you, except where you are an employee or contractor of SBC. Sensitive information is a sub-set of personal information that includes information such as racial or ethnic origin, political opinion, religious beliefs or details of a person’s criminal records.
At or around the time of collecting that information from you, we will endeavour to provide you with a notice which details how we will use and disclose that specific information.
Some of the purposes and uses for which we collect your Personal Information include:
- Leasing – to provide you with information about our leases, or entry into a lease with us
- Media – so that we may engage in media enquiries, and provide our comment
- Marketing / newsletters / promotional activities – registration to membership programs or newsletter subscriptions, or allow us to personalise newsletters and websites to your preferences; to keep you up to date on the latest South Bank Corporation announcements, special offers, promotions and other information. This may occasionally include information from other South Bank business operators that can add value to your South Bank Corporation experience
- Events – processing your event request or registration to attend a seminar
- Surveys – participation in an online survey so that we may better provide our services to you. Your completion of any questionnaires is voluntary.
- Payment service providers – to process any payment for a service (such as, without limitation, access to the car park) we may provide your Personal Information to a third party provider
- Social media and other interactions with us – participation in discussion groups or forums
- Carpark bookings – to process your car space booking, permit you with entry to our parking location
- Carpark – we may use any footage of you and others in our carpark for the purposes of protecting our property and notifying of any incidents or activity
- Persons engaged by us – to enter into an engagement for the employment or contracting of the person, and meeting our obligations at law (such as to payroll, superannuation and more)
- Your account – to provide you with the ability to create personal profile areas and view protected content; to allow you to provide customer feedback
- To support recruitment inquiries.
- To meet contractual obligations.
- To provide you with our services, including leasing, access to events and car parking (among many more).
We will only use your Personal Information in the way we specified when it was collected, or for a purpose directly related to fulfilling the primary purpose for which we collected your Personal Information. We will not subsequently change the way we use your Personal Information without your consent or unless we are required to do so by law. If we do not collect this Personal Information from you, we may not be able to provide you with our services, or answer your enquiry.
Sharing your Personal Information
Your Personal Information will only be disclosed to:
- personnel of South Bank Corporation (including employees, contractors and related bodies corporate);
- in connection with the sale of any part of our business or a company owned by us;
- third parties connected with the marketing process who assist us in providing you with our products and services (including competitions);
- third party IT service providers who assist us in providing our products and services;
- State Government entities that are required to receive the Personal Information we collect in accordance with our obligations to them;
- in the case of an individual engaged by us, Government agencies including but not limited to Australian Taxation Office, Centrelink and Child Support agency; worker’s compensation or superannuation companies
We do not provide your Personal Information to any external parties without your permission, except as required by law or it is reasonably necessary for an action of a law enforcement agency. We have rights pursuant to section 83 and 84 of the South Bank Corporation Act 1989 to direct any person to leave a site, prevent that person’s re-entry to the site and notify the police of any such exclusion or damage to property.
We do not sell or rent your Personal Information to third parties for marketing purposes.
We will take all reasonable steps to ensure that the parties that receive your Personal Information will not use or disclosure the information for a purpose other than the purpose for which the information was disclosed by us.
Cross Border Disclosure
We store your Personal Information on servers located in Australia. As we use service providers and platforms which may be accessed from various countries via and internet connection, it is not always practical to know where your Personal Information may be held and disclosures may occur to other countries.
Accessing and updating your Personal Information
We will make reasonable endeavours to ensure that our records of the Personal Information you have shared with us are accurate, relevant, up to date, complete and not misleading. However, we need your help in doing this. Please notify us of any changes to, or errors in, your Personal Information.
If you are a registered user, you may make these updates yourself online via the South Bank Corporation Profile Management Tool. You may also make these updates or request deactivation of your South Bank Corporation account by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
You give you express informed consent for us and our third party service providers to use your Personal Information when collected for the purpose of Marketing / newsletters / promotional activities; Events; Surveys or Social media to provide you with our marketing communications, newsletters or information about events, products or services.
Each marketing communication includes instructions on how you can unsubscribe from that particular mailing.
You may also unsubscribe from South Bank Corporation’s various newsletters by sending a letter, including your name, email address and the title of the marketing material you wish to unsubscribe from to:
South Bank Corporation
South Bank House
PO Box 2001
South Bank 4101
Storage and security of your Personal Information
South Bank Corporation is committed to protecting the Personal Information you share with us. We utilize a combination of industry-standard security technologies, procedures, and organizational measures appropriate in consideration of the information collected to help protect your Personal Information from loss, unauthorized access, use, modification or disclosure.
While we strive to protect your Personal Information, we cannot ensure the security of the information you transmit.
We recommend that you take every precaution in protecting your Personal Information when you are on the Internet. For example, change your passwords often, use a combination of letters and numbers when creating passwords, and make sure you use a secure browser. You can visit the Linksys website for more tips for using security features when connected to the Internet using a router.
Accessing your Personal Information
You have a right to access Personal Information you have shared with us, subject to some exceptions permitted by law. If you would like to access your Personal Information, please let us know. For security reasons, we may require you to put your request in writing.
You are also entitled to ask use whether:
- we have control of any documents containing Personal Information;
- type of Personal Information contained in documents;
- main purpose for which it was collected; and
- what you can do to obtain access to a document containing Personal Information about you.
South Bank Corporation reserves the right to charge a fee for retrieving and providing access to your Personal Information.
How to contact us
Modifications and updates